Thursday, February 1, 2024
Mackay and Whitsunday Life
Navigating the landscape of parenthood in Mackay, mothers find themselves grappling with the dual challenge of limited daycare availability and the rising cost of living. As demand for childcare spots increases, mothers are exploring inventive ways to contribute to household finances while maintaining their active roles in their children's lives. Enter the world of side hustles, a flexible and home-based solution that empowers mums in Mackay to strike a harmonious balance between family life and financial responsibilities.
We’ve come up with a few possible side hustles that you can try to help ease the financial stress this year.
• Mumpreneurs are carving a niche by turning ingenious ideas into successful ventures. One inspiring local example is Tahlia Newey, a visionary mum who founded BF Cape. This innovative business caters to mothers, offering a practical solution to a common challenge—breastfeeding in public spaces.
• Hand making unique items is a contemporary direct selling opportunity, whether it’s online or at your local markets, uncover your creativity and show the world your exclusive designs and ideas. Popular items to easily make and sell could be candles and soaps, baby clothing or jewellery.
• Online survey platforms that allow mothers to earn extra income by providing feedback or participating in market research studies are a popular way to make money from home.
• Virtual assistance and freelancing are popular ways to make money. Explore ways you can connect with your targeted audience to show off your skills in areas like writing, graphic design, or social media management to offer virtual assistance or freelance services.
• Create your own health and wellbeing program for other mums! Why not get the mums of Mackay together and set out meal plans, wellness consultations and or fitness coaching if that’s something you can offer. Making healthy meals is another popular side business idea but be sure to check on rules surrounding cooking for others from your home as this may require a food business license.
• Explore the possibility of pamphlet delivery, this is a way you can incorporate your stroll with bub in a pram while you make extra revenue. Another popular option for families is to do meal deliveries with companies like Uber in the evenings if you have another adult at home to look after the kids.
Success in side hustles often involves a combination of identifying personal skills and passions, understanding market demand, and effectively networking and marketing within the community. Whether it’s hand-crafting homemade items or doing things digitally, it’s important to remember to stick to something that you have knowledge in or at the very least something that interests you.
Turn that dream into a reality and act on those business ideas that have been brewing up. Start living for your future self and she’ll thank you later!
Quote by R.S. Grey: “She believed she could, so she did.”