Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Mackay and Whitsunday Life
Four of our Dolphins travelled to the big smoke this past week for the Queensland Representative School Sport Swimming Championships held at the Brisbane Aquatic Centre. They represented their school district, Capricornia – the 10–12-year-old’s swimming Sunday to Tuesday, 26-28 March and the 13–19-year-old’s swimming Wednesday to Friday, 29-31 March.
Alex Moss and Madison Malagueno represented the 10–12-year-old bracket and Stevie Brand and Yasmin Seedwell represented the 13–19-year-old bracket. A number of other Pioneer Swimmers were also selected but were unable to attend – Ella Bounden and Viktor Lee.
Highlights of the week included:
1. Personal bests being achieved by our swimmers;
2. Many a friend being made – the event allowing swimmers to interact with other clubs in their district which ranges from Pindi Pindi in the North down to Miriam Vale in the South;
3. Madison’s U11 Medley Relay Team receiving a silver medal;
4. Madison was a finalist in the 100m freestyle event; and
5. Madison receiving a bronze medal in the 50m freestyle event.
Madison will now travel to the National Representative School Swimming in Sydney in August. What a great result for our youngest travelling Dolphin.
Congratulations to all our swimmers who were selected and who travelled to Brisbane to compete – your club is truly proud of all your achievements.
Contributed by Pioneer Swimming Club
Alex Moss and Madison Malagueno